PORTFOLIO || RESUME || FACEBOOK || ARTSTATION || LINKEDIN || INSTAGRAM || CONTACT


Lead Artist and Freelance Character Artist with 10+ years working in video games on AAA franchises.

(Gears of War 4, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, God of War Ascension, God of War 3, Uncharted)


Visit my PORTFOLIO for an up-to-date selection of work.

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date!

2.28.2013

V-Ray - Skin Pass #2

Totally reworked the skin material (it just wasn't working before), as well as new diffuse, normal and gloss maps. I'll be plugging in a diffuse mask and possibly an SSS map soon as well. The diffuse mask will allow me to add elements of dust and dry skin flaking to the surface (things that shouldn't be as heavily impacted by subsurface scattering). I've also been implementing a more studio-style light setup as the pure HDRI lighting is realistic, but lacks the impact and contrast you can get with directional lighting.